כנס אמצע השנה
Formin' Families, Y'All
The AAAA 2022 Midyear Conference will be in Nashville, Tennessee this fall!
We are excited to announce that there will be both an in-person and virtual component to this conference so that everyone can participate regardless of your comfort level with traveling and being in large groups.
Who May Attend:
This conference is open to everyone. You do not need to be a AAAA Fellow to attend. Formin' Families, Y'All will begin at noon on Thursday, September 22, 2022 and run through noon on Saturday, September 24, 2022.
Your conference registration includes up to 17 hours of CLE* (when viewing both live and recorded), all breaks, breakfasts, lunch, Welcome Reception, Musicians Hall of Fame Gala and transportation to/from the Gala, and discounted room rate.
Registration is available now by clicking on the "Events" tab under the "About AAAA" tab on the Home Page.
- AAAA Fellows: $795 in -person and $695 virtual
- Non AAAA Fellows: $895 in-person and $795 virtual
- Attorney plus Paralegal/Staff Package: Attorney pays either AAAA Fellow or non Fellow price and each paralegal registered with that attorney pays $495 in-person or virtual (Paralegals not registering in a group with their attorney must pay the full non-Fellow rate at the time of registration.)
Early-Bird pricing is available for in-person registrations only until 11:59 pm ET on August 26, 2022. On August 27, above ticket prices go up $100.
Guest tickets may be purchased for the 2 evening events only at the rate of $200 for those 21 and over and $100 for those under 21.
The conference will take place at the Loew's Vanderbilt in Nashville, Tennessee. After registering for the event you will receive a confirmation email with a link to book your hotel room at the discounted conference rate of $239/night. The rate includes free room WiFi and will be honored 3 days pre and post conference subject to hotel availability. The deadline to book your hotel at the discounted rate is August 26 so be sure to register early and book your room immediately once you receive the link.
Thursday, September 22
- 12:00 - 1:30 pm - Plenary Session: Legal and psychological counseling for history and origins of adoptees and donor conceived people
- 2:00 - 3:30 pm - Plenary Session: Impact of secondary trauma on attorneys in adoption and ART (ethics)
- 5:00 pm - Gala Event at the Musicians Hall of Fame
Friday, September 23
- 7:30 - 8:45 am - Breakfast
- 9:00 - 10:30 am - Plenary Session: Dobbs and personhood/Effect of Supreme Court decision on ART and adoption
- 10:45 am - 12:15 pm - ART Breakout Session: Update on post Dobbs and restrictive state laws
- 10:45 am - 12:15 pm - Adoption Breakout Session: International Adoption - Nuts and bolts and hot topics
- 12:15 - 1:30 pm - Lunch
- 1:45 - 2:45 pm - ART Breakout Session: Advocacy to protect family building
- 1:45 - 2:45 pm - Adoption Breakout Session: International Adoption - Update from U.S. State Department and USCIS
- 3:00 - 4:30 pm - ART Breakout Session: Drafting considerations in light of Dobbs
- 3:00 - 4:30 pm - Adoption Breakout Session: International Adoption - Agency perspectives and more hot topics
Saturday, September 24
- 7:30 -8:30 am - Breakfast
- 8:30 - 10:00 am - ART Breakout Session: Back to the Basics - Fundamentals of contract drafting and copyright
- 8:30 - 10:00 am - Adoption Breakout Session: Adoption Assistance - Federal law
- 10:15 - 11:45 am - ART Breakout Session: Specific provisions in contract drafting
- 10:15 - 11:45 am - Adoption Breakout Session: Litigating adoption assistance
- 11:45 am - 12:00 pm - Closing
Please note: This schedule is tentative and subject to change.
Terms and Conditions of Registration
Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Disclaimer
Please note that AAAA is not responsible for obtaining CLE certification. AAAA shall endeavor to obtain CLE credit from Texas and Tennessee Bar Associations only. However, all attendees are ultimately responsible for submitting to their respective states for CLE credit.
*Total possible CLE hours is calculated based on assumption that some sessions will be viewed as recordings following the conference.
Questions about AAAA or the Midyear Conference, please contact Executive Director Jennie Sullivan at (317) 407-8422 or execdirector@adoptionART.org.