Finding a Coordinated Program
Finding a surrogate who shares your values and goals for the arrangement is a first, critical step. Many intended parents choose to work with a matching or coordinating program, but not all are created equal. Following are important services that you should expect from a reliable and experienced coordinating program:
- Has accessible staff.
- Can provide referrals to fertility clinics, attorneys, psychologists, insurance brokers, and escrow companies.
- Demonstrates compliance with appropriate industry guidelines and requirements.
- Requires independent representation of parties, by attorneys licensed in the jurisdiction with a connection to parties or legal procedure.
- Has comprehensive written agreements between an intended parent and the program.
- Provides assistance with screening and monitoring.
- Can provide a reasonable timeline.